The Spinner Hazard is a trap found in the marble style levels of Lemmings. It is a mushroom-shaped machine with two rotating blades on opposites sides. The blades seem to be either energized or extremely hot as any Lemming that comes within range will burn and die.
This trap appears in the following levels:
- Fun: As long as you try your best
- Fun: Don't let your eyes deceive ya (Commodore 64)
- Fun: We are now at LEMCON ONE
- Tricky: I have a cunning plan
- Tricky: Rainbow Island
- Taxing: If at first you don't succeed (Commodore 64)
- Mayhem: Poles Apart
- Mayhem: Just a Minute...
- Mayhem: Just a Minute (Part Two)
- SUNSOFT: Two heads are better...
- SUNSOFT: I am A.T. (Genesis version)
- Special: Block first, Explode second
- Special: ...with a little help from my Lem
- Special: Not as easy as it looks
- Special: A Bridge Over Lemming Slaughter
- Special: Cagey business
- Special: Born a blocker, die a blocker
- This is the only trap to appear in the Macintosh demo, appearing on Just a Minute...
- In CGA mode, the Spinner Hazard has only one rotating blade.
- In the Commodore 64 version, the Spinner Hazard replaced some traps.
- In the PSP version, the trap drops its metallic mushroom shape and looks more like a wooden log.