Trap omitted in preview.
|No. of Lemmings||100|
|To be Saved||99%|
|Previous||The Crankshaft (Tricky) |
Perseverance (ZX Spectrum)
|Next||Watch out, there's traps about |
A MEMORY TEST? (ZX Spectrum)
This level uses the same layout as one of the Fun difficulty levels. Needless to say, your task will be a lot harder. The time limit is also pretty strict, and you're allowed to lose only one Lemming. Welcome to "Taxing" difficulty!
All right, after the first few Lemmings are out, set the release rate to 99. Apply a Climber and a Floater skill on the first Lemming, and let it scale all three pillars. When it did, apply a Miner skill on one Lemming to get under the pillars. Once it did, quickly use a Basher skill. This can be quite difficult, if there's a huge crowd of Lemmings swarming about, but it can be done. While your Lemming is bashing its way across the ground, use the leader Lemming as a Builder above the chasm. Once it did, you must build another ramp above the broken staircase with the Chain Trap. When done, all Lemmings can reach the exit safely just before the timer runs out.
Because the Macintosh version has a slower clock, a similar solution can be used without so many Lemmings wandering everywhere.
Turn the second Lemming into a Blocker at the edge of the bricks so that the Lemmings are packed tightly and raise the release rate to 99. The Trailblazer can bash through the first pillar, but when it's at the bottom of the stairs connecting the first and second pillars, have it dig down and bash beneath the remaining pillars, making sure there is no ground above its head. Once it has cleared all pillars and their stairs, have it build to make it stop bashing. It if turns around, have it build again underneath the pillar so that it resumes walking towards the right. Use four builders to get over the chasm in the floor. Once it made it across, blow up the Blocker holding the other Lemmings back. There should be enough time for the Trailblazer to build over the gap in the stairs with the remaining two Builder skills before the other Lemmings catch up.
ZX Spectrum strategy
Build over the hole in the ground with the first two lemmings. The third lemming will make it across safely if you start from the edge, but have the first lemming build a second time to completely seal the hole as he collides with the stairs. Next, have the first lemming in line bash through the two pillars. Finally, have the first lemming in line build over the hole in the stairs to reach the exit, and use your remaining builder skills to stall any lemming that approaches him before the hole is repaired. Raise the release rate to 99.
- Atari Lynx
- Was renamed "If you don't succeed".
- Only has 40 Lemmings and 39 must be saved.
- Gives you 8 Builders and 1 for the other 7 skills apiece in this level.
- Only has 25 Lemmings and needs 24 to be saved (95% is shown)
- Original Release Rate is 41
- Snare Trap is replaced with the Spinner Hazard.
- Track played is Doggie in The Window.
- DOS/Macintosh/Windows 95
- Only have 80 lemmings and 79 must be saved (shown as 98%).
- 2006 Remake
- 6 minute time limit.
- ZX Spectrum
- Has 20 lemmings and 20 must be saved.
- Time limit reduced to 2 minutes.
Note that the access codes below are of little use as this level is easily accessible from the main menu by setting the difficulty to taxing.
- Acorn Archimedes/Atari Lynx: SEEITTONON
- Amiga: MFIBAJLNFS
- DOS: MFMCAJNNFJ
- Macintosh: MFMCCJONFM
- Sega Master:
- SNES: PQFPTBP
- ZX Spectrum: JLLIBINEEX
- "Try, try again" follows the name of this level.
- This is the 3rd of 4 levels in the PC demo version (The other 3 are Just dig!, This should be a doddle!, and And then there were four....).
- This map is also used in level 15 of the Fun difficulty, Don't let your eyes deceive you.
- This is the 36th level on the Spectrum and Amstrad CPC versions of Lemmings and the 6th level in the Taxing difficulty.