|No. of Lemmings||100|
|To be Saved||95%|
|Previous||POOR WEE CREATURES! |
Watch right or left! (Genesis)
King of the castle (ZX Spectrum)
|Next||We all fall down|
SEGA Five (Sega Master System and Game Gear)
The Prison! (ZX Spectrum)
How to dig up the way? You can't, of course. But there is more than one way to skin a cat!
First, use a Digger near the start of the level. Two Lemmings will walk by, apply Floater skills on both - the rest will stay in the hole. Allow those two Lemmings reach the bridge, and then use Builder skills on both. You also need to watch the Digger - after a while, give it a Miner skill so the hole will not be too deep (this is easy to mess up because of the crowd in there).
When the two staircase-building Lemmings are done, use a Climber ability on one of them, and let the other one turn around, and start building another staircase to seal the gap in the bridge. By this time, the Miner will be nearing the edge of the ground, ready to release the swarm.
When your Climber reaches the edge of the exit door, use a Digger skill. Let it dig for about two seconds, then using a Builder skill, turn it around. Once your Lemming is facing to the left, apply a Miner skill. On this exact spot, the tunnel it creates will be just perfect to let every Lemming reach the exit. This way, 100% of all Lemmings can be saved.
Atari Lynx strategy
Due to the limited amount of vertical space in this platform, the right hand cliff where the exit is located is low enough that Lemmings just build up to it.
Turn the first Lemming into a Digger after he has taken a few steps and turn the second Lemming, who will escape the Digger's tunnel, into a Floater. The third and fourth Lemmings may also escape the Digger's tunnel so turn them into Diggers. Once the first Digger's tunnel is deep enough to trap Lemmings, turn it into a Miner to safely get to the log bridge below. Have it build just before it breaks through the cliff to hold the other Lemmings back.
Meanwhile, have the Floater build a ramp straight up to the exit. Starting just before the water, this should require three Builder skills out of five. The third and fourth Lemmings who were made into diggers earlier should have fallen into the first Lemming's tunnel and be safely trapped with the others. If not, you can use the last Builder skill to trap one of them in its tunnel until the path is safe while the other should Mine to get to ground level. It likely won't survive as it will walk off the unfinished ramp to the exit and eventually drown, but you are allowed five losses anyway.
ZX Spectrum strategy
Have the first lemming build over the chasm starting from the edge of the starting rock, while the second lemming is turned into a Blocker to contain the others. Make sure the Builder's bridge is stretched out as much as possible otherwise he may not make it across. Once the ramp is complete, bomb the Blocker to free the other lemmings.
- Atari Lynx
- Was renamed "Dig up the way".
- Only has 40 Lemmings and 35 must be saved.
- The left hand side of the starting cliff has a small kink in the grass that prevents Lemmings from falling off to the left.
- Macintosh and PC
- Only has 80 Lemmings and 76 must be saved.
- Sega Genesis/Mega Drive
- Was renamed "How do I dig out a path?"
- ZX Spectrum
- Only has 20 lemmings and 16 must be saved.
- Time limit increased to 5 minutes.
- Number of skills reduced to 5 each, except Builders which is 4.
- Lemmings cannot walk off the left side of the map in this version, so you don't need to block them from walking that way.
- 2006 Remake
- 6 minute time limit.
- Acorn Archimedes & Atari Lynx: STARTOWINE
- Amiga: FAJHMFHJHP
- Macintosh: GGKKMFHJHK
- PC: GEKJMFHJHX
- Sega Genesis: SXDHS (America) / YRBVR (Europe)
- SNES: QKZVKFT
- ZX Spectrum: IBEOLLLHEJ
- Master system/game gear: EJTGMYQB
- This map is also used in level 3 of the Tricky difficulty, A ladder would be handy.
- This map is the 39th level on the Spectrum version of Lemmings and the 9th level in the Taxing difficulty.