The Highland Lemmings live in "The Highlands", an area of North-East Lemming Island with many mountain ranges dominating the region. Including the highest mountain on Lemming Island, Lem Nevis.
Highland Lemmings wear Red and Black checkered tams, toques, and kilts. They enjoy eating "Scotch Broth and Haggis" and playing their bagpipes. Their thick accents could be compared to "Real-World" Scottish. Some Highland Lemmings sport different natural hair color. Besides the typical Green, Highland Lemmings can have Blonde and Orange hair. both of which age into white over the years
The Highland Lemmings are the keepers of the prophecies, and the tribe whom first foresee the coming of The Great Darkness. Upon which they send the prophesied messenger, Jimmy McLemming, to warn the other 11 tribes of the coming Darkness, and begin the evacuation effort.
- CREAM OF LEMMING SOUP
- WEE BEASTIES !!!
- Stop your ticklin' Jock!
- A mere stone's throw
- DONALD WHARS YER LEMMING
- In memory of McAngus
- The White Heather Club
- TAKE A RUNNING JUMP !!
- EAT MY SHRAPNEL !!
- Jimmy McLemming: Protagonist of the story in the Lemmings 2 Manual, sent out to warn the other tribes of The Great Darkness coming. His name is a possible combination for the tournament mode of Lemmings: The Official Game.
- Lemming McLemming: Grand Chief of the tribe before The Great Darkness. May or may not be related to Jimmy, and gave him the task of being messenger. His name is also a possible combination for the mobile game's tournament mode.
- Angus: Uncommon Season 1 mobile game tribe member. Has a large mustache.
- Hamish: Uncommon Season 1 mobile game tribe member. Mostly bald with a full beard.
- Morag: Uncommon Season 1 mobile game tribe member. Based on Princess Merida, protagonist of the Disney Pixar film Brave.
- Chief: Rare Season 1 mobile game tribe member. Wears an ox skin. Possibly a successor to Lemming McLemming. His description is a reference to the Highlander series.