|No. of Lemmings||80|
|To be Saved||75%|
|Previous|| The Crossroads
|Next|| One way or another|
Over the wall (Genesis)
Time to revisit another "Fun" level. The timer is much more forgiving on this one, and so is the save percentage. Your skills however, are limited to the absolute minimum - meaning one mistake, and you can start all over again.
First, use two Athletes (Climber and Floater). Use the first as a Blocker near the hot molten lava to the right, and the second must use exactly one Builder skill to reach the first platform under the exit. The staircase should start under the edge of the above platform.
While doing this, ensure your other Lemmings systematically dig themselves through those "shelves". Make Diggers at the opposite ends of the "shelves" so they won't create a hole too deep where a fall would be fatal.
When your Builder made it to the top of the first platform, allow it to walk to the edge, and use a Blocker ability on him there. You shall have to use another Builder to get on the second platform, alas, the distance is too short, even if he'd start building right from the Blocker. So here is what needs to be done. Use the Builder skill on a Lemming when it is halfway towards the Blocker on that small platform! While building, it will hit the Blocker, and start building to the opposite direction! As crazy it seems, this is the only way to finish the level. You must be very precise here - if your Builder goes above the Blocker, or the ramp doesn't reach the upper platform - start over.
Second platform is the same deal. Apply a Blocker at the right edge, and order a Builder to build when he is halfway at the platform. Utilize this same tactic at the third and fourth platforms - now the way to the exit is ready. Wait for your Lemmings to march in, you should achieve 93% (75 of 80). You have no means of liberating the Blockers, so use the nuke button to finish the level.
- Atari Lynx
- Was renamed Down Along Up
- Only has 40 Lemmings and 30 must be saved.
- There are only three platforms between the ground and the exit.
- Acorn Archimedes / Atari Lynx: UNCLECLIVE (Uncle Clive)
- Amiga: HFANLMFPHN
- Macintosh: HGCNOMNPHL
- Sega Genesis: PQDPR (America) / VKBCR (Europe)
- This map is also used in level 28 of the Fun difficulty, If only they could fly.
- This is the last level to use the track Keep Your Hair on Mr. Lemming (Lemming 3) on most platforms.
- On some other versions, the track plays one more time on the Special Replacement Level, Don't Make The Wrong Choice!.