|No. of Lemmings||100|
|To be Saved||10%|
|Previous|| Tightrope City
|Next||I have a cunning plan|
This level is notable for the maximum release rate by default, and the unusually low save rate. You shall soon learn why that is. Your Lemmings are to escalate a LONG staircase. And, as always, the higher you are, the harder you fall.
Your Lemmings cannot survive the fall, however, if you use all of your available Floater skills, exactly 10% will survive (12% in some versions). Make the very first Lemming a Floater, so that he will have plenty of time to work ahead. To gain extra time, you may even turn him into a Floater just before he hits the ground.
When the last Lemmings fall through the entrance, turn the last nine of them into Floaters as well. Meanwhile, the lead Lemming should build over the gap to reach the pillar. When he does, quickly have him bash through it. Once he chewed through the pillar, apply one last Builder skill to get over the gap before the exit. Enough bricks should be placed by the time the other Floaters arrive.
- Macintosh & PC
- Only has 80 Lemmings.
- 12% must be saved.
- Atari Lynx
- Only has 40 Lemmings and 4 must be saved.
- Release Rate is 80.
- Acorn Archimedes/Atari Lynx: LEMSSTRIVE
- Amiga: IBANLLFHFP
- Macintosh: MCCOMLFHFY
- PC: MCANLLFHFU
- Sega Genesis: FWDLK
- SNES: SBCMSJS
- ZX Spectrum:
- As a noun, Cascade is defined as a small waterfall, typically one of several that fall in stages down a steep rocky slope or a process whereby something, typically information or knowledge, is successively passed on.
- As a verb, Cascade is defined (Of water) to pour downward rapidly and in large quantities.
"Water was cascading down the stairs".
- This map is the 33rd level on the Spectrum version of Lemmings and the 3rd level in the Taxing difficulty.
- The level has the greatest number of allowable deaths in any original Lemmings level (90 of 100, or 70 of 80 in the Mac and PC versions.)
- In CGA Mode, you can see arrows in the water pool.
Images to be collected.